Now a days pen drives ( or USB drives ) became necessary. But there is a problem with these pen drives. They can be very easily infected by viruses. But we can not live without using pen drives.
You can be a bit more careful and prevent them infecting your system with different types of viruses.
- First disable auto play in your system. This prevents viruses in the pen drive from running automatically when pen drives are inserted into the system. (Please note that this will disable auto playing of CDs also).
- After inserting pen drive into the system open it in explorer mode only, don't open it in My Computer.
- To open Explorer, press Win+E on your keyboard.
- Or right click on My Computer, and select explorer.
- If My Computer is already opened, click on 'Folders' in the tool bar (or View menu> Explorer Bar> Folders).
- Always open pen drive by clicking on the pen drive name from the left pane only. Don't open from right pane.
- Don't open the files you don't need. If you find any file suspicious, right click on file name and select properties. It will show complete details about that file. Don't rely on icons. Some viruses use folder icon to make us think that they are folders, and most probably we will double click on that to see what is there in that folder which actually executes the virus.
Remove Amvo.exe virus, Funny UST Scandal, Fun.exe DC.exe SVIQ.exe
Task Manager, Registry Accessing disabled?
Disable Autoplay, Messenger Service
Important steps while cleaning virus
What is this process
Subscribe to my site feed for receiving more tips. You can get more tips in your email for free.